INTERVIEW AND INTERROGATION LEVEL I
"Hosted by the Central Shenandoah Criminal Justice Training Academy, VA"
Instructed by: James C. Lilley, Former Major Level Narcotics Task Force Agent, who has instructed on both the National, and International levels
Course Duration: 16hrs Instructional Setting: Classroom
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is designed to provide the law enforcement officer with the knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary when conducting criminal interviews and interrogations, with an emphasis on Miranda use, communication and listening skills, body language, as well as the importance of proper documentation of the interview or interrogation.
- Interview or Interrogation?
- The Purpose of an Interview
- The Purpose of an Interrogation
- Guidelines for Conducting and Interview or an Interrogation
- Proper Locations to Conduct and Interview or an Interrogation
- Planning and Preparing the Interview or Interrogation
- Background Information; Knowing Your Case!
- When is Miranda Required?
- Does the Accused Have the Capacity to Understand Their Miranda Rights?
- Has the Accused Invoked Their Miranda Rights?
- How Many Investigators Are Too Many?
- Practice Good Listening Skills
- Ask Open Ended Questions
- Paralinguistic Cues
- Physiological Changes
- The Power of Persuasion
- Documenting the Interview or Interrogation
- What to Avoid When Conducting an Interview or an Interrogation
- Statement Analysis
- Practical Exercises with Students
INSTRUCTIONAL GOAL: The goal of this course is intended to provide the law enforcement investigator/officer with the knowledge, skills and techniques required in order to properly conduct a professional criminal interview and or interrogation, while following the rules of law.
Global Police Solutions, LLC is an approved training provider of advanced law enforcement training throughout the United States and Abroad.
“Professional Training for Today’s Law Enforcement”
Call Us Toll Free At: 855-4GPSTRAINING
|Event Date||02-09-2023 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||02-10-2023 5:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||11-03-2022|
|Cut off date||02-03-2023 5:00 pm|
|Location||Central Shenandoah Criminal Justice Training Academy|