DETECTIVE LEVEL II
Hosted by the Harrison County Sheriff's Office Law Enforcement Academy
Course Duration: 40hrs Instructional Setting: Classroom/Field
DESCRIPTION: This course is designed to provide the investigator with a comprehensive examination of the skills, tools, techniques and resources available to conduct successful criminal investigations from Crime to Court. The law enforcement investigator will gain an understanding of how to utilize the techniques and tools learned in order to conduct a lawful and proper criminal investigation with an emphasis placed on a proper and detailed account of the case and the investigators actions.
- Assaults-Wounds/Self-Inflicted Wounds
- Informant Development and Documented Agreements
- Documenting a Surveillance Report
- Search Warrants and the Search Warrant Checklist
- Social Media Investigations
- Digital Evidence and New Case Law
- PREA Standards for Corrections Settings
- Documenting Victims, Witness and Suspects Activities Prior to and after the Crime
- Preparing for Court and Your Testimony
- Casting Three Dimensional Impressions
- Investigative Exercises in the field to include Surveillance, Crime Scene, Evidence Discovery and Recovery of Two and Three Dimensional Impressions.
INSTRUCTIONAL GOAL: The goal of this course is to provide the law enforcement investigator with time tested and cutting edge investigative tactics and techniques and resources that will allow the investigator to conduct a proper and lawful criminal investigation leading to arrest and successful prosecution of criminal offenders.
INSTRUCTOR: The Director of Global Police Solutions, LLC, Jim brings with him over twenty-five years of law enforcement experience. During his law enforcement career, Jim rose through the ranks from patrolman to the Training Division Commander/Lieutenant with the Horry County Police Department, Horry County South Carolina. Jim is well diversified in law enforcement, as he worked as a Road Patrolman, Corporal, Detective, Major Level Narcotics Task Force Agent assigned to DEA, Detective Sergeant, Patrol Sergeant, Training Sergeant and as the Training Division Lieutenant. Jim has spent well over half of his law enforcement career in the investigative field, and is eager to assist the New Detective become today’s professional, educated, and dedicated law enforcement investigator.
Global Police Solutions, LLC is an Approved Industry Provider of Advanced Law Enforcement training who understands the concerns and needs of Today’s Law Enforcement.
“Professional Training for Today’s Law Enforcement”
Call Us Toll Free At: 855-4GPSTRAINING
|Event Date||07-22-2019 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||07-26-2019 5:00 am|
|Registration Start Date||06-05-2019|
|Cut off date||07-19-2019|
|Location||Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College - AMTC Building|