INTERVIEW AND INTERROGATION LEVEL I
Private Course for the Skyline Regional Criminal Justice Academy, Middletown, Virginia
Registrations will need to go through the Skyline Regional Criminal Justice Academy
Course Duration: 16hrs Instructional Setting: Classroom
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is designed to provide the law enforcement officer with the knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary when conducting criminal interviews and interrogations, with an emphasis on Miranda use, communication and listening skills, body language, as well as the importance of proper documentation of the interview or interrogation.
- Interview or Interrogation?
- The Purpose of an Interview
- The Purpose of an Interrogation
- Guidelines for Conducting and Interview or an Interrogation
- Proper Locations to Conduct and Interview or an Interrogation
- Planning and Preparing the Interview or Interrogation
- Background Information; Knowing Your Case!
- When is Miranda Required?
- Does the Accused Have the Capacity to Understand Their Miranda Rights?
- Has the Accused Invoked Their Miranda Rights?
- How Many Investigators Are Too Many?
- Practice Good Listening Skills
- Ask Open Ended Questions
- Paralinguistic Cues
- Physiological Changes
- The Power of Persuasion
- Documenting the Interview or Interrogation
- What to Avoid When Conducting an Interview or an Interrogation
- Who Has the Authority to Offer a Deal?
- Statement Analysis
Global Police Solutions, LLC is an approved advanced law enforcement training company, who provides professional training for today’s law enforcement throughout the United States and Abroad.
INSTRUCTOR: The Director of Global Police Solutions, LLC, Jim brings with him over twenty-five years of law enforcement experience. During his law enforcement career, Jim rose through the ranks from patrolman to the Training Division Commander/Lieutenant with the Horry County Police Department, Horry County South Carolina. Jim is well diversified in law enforcement, as he worked as a Road Patrolman, Corporal, Detective, Major Level Narcotics Task Force Agent assigned to DEA, Detective Sergeant, Patrol Sergeant, Training Sergeant and as the Training Division Lieutenant. Jim is also a trained Critical Incident Negotiator and served as a Primary Negotiator who worked his way up to Team Leader, and then the Team Commander of a 13 person Negotiations Team. In 2001, Jim was asked to come to Washington D.C. by DOJ and the FBI to assist in writing National Guidelines for Negotiations Teams around the Country. Jim has over twenty years of Critical Incident Negotiations experience and teaches Hostage Negotiations around the Country. Jim has spent well over half of his law enforcement career in the investigative field, including training and investigative work in the Middle East where he honed his interview and interrogation skills, and is eager to assist Investigators, Narcotics Agents, as well as Patrol Officers, become today’s professional, educated, and dedicated law enforcement Officers.
“Professional Training for Today’s Law Enforcement”
Call Us Toll Free At: 855-4GPSTRAINING
|Event Date||07-11-2023 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||07-12-2023 5:00 am|
|Registration Start Date||09-15-2022|
|Cut off date||07-07-2023|
|Location||Skyline Regional Criminal Justice Academy|