INTERVIEW AND INTERROGATION LEVEL I
Hosted by the Central Shenandoah Criminal Justice Training Academy, Virginia
Course Duration: 16 hours Instructional Setting: Classroom
Instructor: Jim Lilley, The Director of Global Police Solutions, LLC. Jim brings with him over twenty-five years of law enforcement experience, including three and half years as a Security Policeman/Law Enforcement Specialist, United States Air Force 79’-83’. During his law enforcement career, Jim rose through the ranks from patrolman to the Training Division Commander/Lieutenant with the Horry County Police Department, Horry County South Carolina. Jim is well diversified in law enforcement, as he worked as a Road Patrolman, Corporal, Detective, Major Level Narcotics Task Force Agent, Detective Sergeant, Patrol Sergeant, Training Sergeant and as the Training Lieutenant, and has instructed Interview and Interrogation techniques for over twenty years. Jim is a certified Hostage Negotiator, and has over eighteen years of hostage negotiations experience. Jim served nine years as the Team Commander on the HCPD’s Critical Incident Negotiations Team, and helped to train numerous negotiation teams within the State. Jim is a past President of the South Carolina Crisis Negotiators Association, and served as a founding council member of the National Council of Negotiation Associations sponsored by the Department of Justice, where he helped to write national guidelines for hostage negotiation teams across the country.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course is designed to provide the law enforcement officer with the knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary when conducting criminal interviews and interrogations, with an emphasis on Miranda use, communication and listening skills, body language, as well as the importance of proper documentation of the interview or interrogation.
- In Interview or Interrogation?
- The Purpose of an Interview
- The Purpose of an Interrogation
- Guidelines for Conducting and Interview or an Interrogation
- Proper Locations to Conduct and Interview or an Interrogation
- Planning and Preparing the Interview or Interrogation
- Background Information; Knowing Your Case!
- When is Miranda Required?
- Does the Accused Have the Capacity to Understand Their Miranda Rights?
- Has the Accused Invoked Their Miranda Rights?
- How Many Investigators Are Too Many?
- Practice Good Listening Skills
- Ask Open Ended Questions
- Paralinguistic Cues
- Physiological Changes
- The Power of Persuasion
- Documenting the Interview or Interrogation
- What to Avoid When Conducting an Interview or an Interrogation
- Who Has the Authority to Offer a Deal?
- Practical Exercises with Students
Global Police Solutions, LLC is an approved advanced law enforcement training company, who provides professional training for today’s law enforcement throughout the United States and Abroad
“Professional Training for Today’s Law Enforcement”
Call Us Toll Free At: 855-4GPSTRAINING
|Event Date||07-11-2022 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||07-12-2022 4:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||10-25-2021|
|Cut off date||07-08-2022|
|Location||Central Shenandoah Criminal Justice Training Academy|